The BAVS ASSIST Scheme is a discretionary grant scheme designed to support local small-scale projects to improve the quality of life in the communities of Berwickshire. The scheme is supported only by BAVS.
Successful applicants this year were:
- Allsorts Childcare Centre – £250 for excursions
- Chirnside Common Good – £995 Build viewpoint panel
- Duns & District Parish Church – £598 to update facilities at Dementia café
- Coldstream Gateway Association – £646 to replace hanging baskets
- Eyemouth & District Community Trust – £1,000 towards professional fees
- PFA Coldingham School – £124 for trip to St Abbs
- Duns Summer Festival – £1,000 emergency fund
- Re-Tweed – £1,000 for pilot Re-Tweed project
- Coldstream Community Trust – £780 survey of building
- Me, Ourselves in Eye – £990 for activity for support group
- Berwickshire Maritime Trust – £1,000 shed for Men’s Shed project
To apply for a grant contact Kathy Cremin or Dughall Laing at BAVS.